What a Difference a few weeks can make...
We are facing unprecedented change in light of the Coronavirus Pandemic, and the TCWC is certainly not immune to these changes. Please review the following for important changes and cancellations.
All TCWC-sponsored meetings and activity groups are cancelled until further notice.
This includes Wine Lovers, Happy Hour, April Tea, and any individual activity groups.
Although many of our functions have been postponed or cancelled, let’s show how much we care – for our Community, our Serve By Doing partners and each other. What a great chance for us to shine as a COMMUNITY of women!
At the beginning of March, we remembered the birthday of Dr. Suess. In 1971, Dr. Suess penned “The Lorax”, from which comes this marvelous quote: “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
Here are a few simple ways to help others, and keep yourselves busy during this time with little social contact!
· Order takeout from your favorite local restaurant! Help our community by ordering takeout or delivery to help these entrepreneurs during this rough time.
· Buy gift cards from local businesses. They can use the money now, and you will have wonderful gifts for that new neighbor, a friend or family in need, or for yourself!
· Give the kids something to do by making “no sew” fleeces and blankets for the puppies and kitties at HSNT. Kitten season will not be affected by Coronavirus, and the shelters are desperate for supplies!
o Here is a link to instructions for these blankets: https://www.instructables.com/id/No-Sew-Fleece-Blanket-1/
· If you or your children are bored, write letters, notes, or make homemade cards for those on our partner Meals on Wheels routes. The recipients of MMOW often look forward to their meal delivery, as this may be the only time they converse with someone outside their home. These interactions are now curtailed, so a nice card or note would be a special surprise.
· Cards, supplies or blankets can be dropped off on the porch at Pam Silva’s house – 651 Indian Creek, or e-mail email@example.com for pick up. Place things in a plastic bag or Zip-Loc in case of rain!
· Help keep Community Storehouse stocked with non-perishable food items! See the Trophy Club Rotary Facebook page for more details.
· Our “Donate Now” buttons are always active – and our community partners need help now more than ever! If you have the means, please consider donating through our Serve By Doing program.
Please check the MyTCWC website (mytcwc.org) frequently for updates and cancellations. More news will be coming over the next few days. Above all, stay healthy, wash your hands, and reach out to your fellow TCWC members if you need help! We are all in this together!
In Friendship! Teryl